According to the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters’ magazine 20/20, it’s a ‘proven fact’ that companies who’ve expanded their business outside of Canada are more profitable than those who have not. (Source)
Here are 5 reasons why exporting to the US makes sense:
- Culture, proximity and history help eliminate expansion hurdles.
- Cross-border financial investment opportunities are plentiful.
- Aerospace & manufacturing businesses (as examples) are industries ‘diverting’ their operations to the US creating opportunities for Canadians to “capitalize on the growing market”.
- A strong US dollar equals more profitable sales for Canadian businesses.
- The US is a perfect ‘launch pad’ into other economies around the globe.
( Full Article by Jim Shenkmen – Contributor to The Globe and Mail)
TradeTips blog is published by UCanTrade, Inc., your cross-border experts since 1984.
Sign up HERE to receive current cross-border news & upcoming BC / WA trade events.