Role types: Full-time, part-time
Location: UCT HQ, 1465 Slater Rd, Ferndale, WA 98248
Description: At UCanTrade (UCT), we work every day to provide seamless cross-border distribution and logistics solutions for Canadian businesses of all sizes. We are looking for a skilled FInance & Accounting Team Member to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial analysis/reporting tasks. The successful individual will numbers-oriented, possess great attention to detail, and work collaboratively across various departments.
Overview: The Finance & Accounting Team Member responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers. Ultimately, a successful team member will ensure that the company’s daily finance and accounting functions run accurately and effectively while working across departments to provide real-time, actionable business insights.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the company leadership team, working closely with other administrative staff.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and/or 4+ years of relevant experience in finance and accounting roles.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software, Data entry and word processing skills.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
Contact: Jobs@UCanTrade.com / Phone: +1 360-380-6900
Address: 1465 Slater Rd, Ferndale, WA 98248
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am – 7pm
Address: PO Box 94430 Richmond, BC V6X 8A8