Reports To: Warehouse Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: September 2021
A Forklift Operator and Material Handler is a certified warehouse team member responsible for operating and controlling heavy machinery to move materials and inventory around warehouse space(s). Duties include but are not limited to; preparing merchandise and securing it for safe, easy transport, using radio communications to determine priorities, and performing regular machine maintenance on forklifts and other tools. Responsible for maintaining adequate and accurate inventory/stock levels of all products in the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for unloading materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stowing them to their assigned locations.
- Responsible for locating and movement of stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment.
- Responsible for continual stocking of all product(s) to maintain adequate/accurate stock levels.
- Identify damages in a timely manner and report any/all overages or shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Continually inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance.
- Manage and maintain updated records of inventory and activity logs.
- Comply with all company policies and legal guidelines.
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities.
- Responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties such as filing, record keeping, and copying.
- Communicate with the Leadership team regarding business needs to secure resources needed to satisfy client demands and ensure delivery and/or implementation.
- Ensure warehouse area is clean and organized to promote an efficient working environment.
- Assist when needed processing, packaging, and shipping orders accurately.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy.
- Prior shipping/ inventory management system, experience
- Familiarity with Airtable
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to balance results with other business considerations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail; ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize tasks, and have a pro-active approach to task completion.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast-paced office environment.
- Team oriented and goal-focused: organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google applications preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Forklift Certification
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment can be noisy at times, busy or fast paced, including warehouse operatives; pickers, and packers, working alongside forklift truck drivers who are moving pallets between shelves.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and kneel frequently. Able to lift to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Repetitive hand motion required.
Address: 1465 Slater Rd, Ferndale, WA 98248
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am – 7pm
Address: PO Box 94430 Richmond, BC V6X 8A8