Reports To: Warehouse Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: September 2021
The Shipping Coordinator would manage all shipments of items from the warehouse to the client and/or customer. The employee would also ensure that goods are delivered on time and undamaged. Will have constant communication with various role players in the shipping process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting up/shipping orders and freight accurately.
- Preparing BOL’s and invoices in of our TMS systems for movement of freight
- Responding to Customer inquiries (quoting domestic and international shipments, tracking, and tracing updates.
- Examining all outgoing shipments
- Liaison with client personnel regarding operations, problems, status, etc.
- Learn and operate various equipment and systems, including Shipstation, and Airtable.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Maintain familiarity with various services, rates and procedures of UPS, the USPS and other shipping companies commonly used by the company.
- Assist with distributing outgoing mail, including postage and shipping for all non-equipment.
- Communicate with Leadership team regarding business needs to secure resources needed to satisfy client demands and ensure delivery and/or implementation.
- Order Data processing and entry
- Ensure warehouse area is clean and organized to promote an efficient working environment, including break room.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years working in customer service and documentation related to freight forwarder
- Forklift Certification and experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy.
- Familiar with Airtable and Shipstation
- Experience with transport management systems and warehouse management software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Ability to balance results with other business considerations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail; ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize tasks, and have a pro-active approach to task completion.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast-paced office environment.
- Team oriented and goal-focused: organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google applications preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- None Required
All conditions, skills and abilities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment can be noisy at times, busy or fast paced, including warehouse operatives; pickers, and packers, working alongside forklift truck drivers who are moving pallets between shelves.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and kneel frequently. Able to lift to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Repetitive hand motion required.
Address: 1465 Slater Rd, Ferndale, WA 98248
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am – 7pm
Address: PO Box 94430 Richmond, BC V6X 8A8