Freight & Logistics Consulting
The UCanTrade leadership team brings several decades of domestic and international logistics experience. Whether you’re looking for expense and lead time reduction in your domestic distribution, considering multi-national sourcing/manufacturing, building international transportation strategy, or anywhere in between – we have the expertise and network to help you optimize your supply chain. Whether you’re an existing customer that’s utilizing our warehouse and distribution networks, a curious entrepreneur, or a corporation interested in redesign or optimization of your transportation strategy – we’d love the opportunity to connect with you.
Core competencies from UCT include:
- International transportation network design
- Logistics sourcing & procurement (international and domestic), all modes (parcel, less-than-truckload, truckload, intermodal, ocean, air)
- End-to-end freight visibility and solutions
- Domestic transportation optimization
- Overall lead time and expense reduction
- E-commerce fulfillment strategy, best practices and compliance (Bix box retailers, Amazon FBA, etc.)
We accept returns from your customers acknowledging your preferred return system. We can arrange for the pickup of the goods to be returned, then receive, inspect, process or store per your instructions. Product can then be consolidated, forwarded, or destroyed. We can also refurbish or restock per your instructions.
Technical Repair/Return Services
In combination with our product return services described above, UCanTrade provides on-site technical repair capability.
Warranty work, upgrades, testing, and evaluations by trained technical specialists are accomplished according to your standards and specifications.
You can provide quick turnarounds to your USA customer base while avoiding unnecessary border crossings, clearance expenses, freight costs and time delays.
Tradeshow Material Management
We can store your booth and related marketing materials until you need them shipped to the next event.
Upon return, we can inspect for damage and repair if needed, as well as restock product or marketing materials for the following event.
We will work with you and your sales people to eliminate potential problems that can be disastrous when planning for these time sensitive events.
USA Business Identity
Having a USA “office and warehouse” shows customers your USA business commitment. It has proven invaluable for businesses selling both products and services, and also for e-commerce websites. Your customers appreciate that you have eliminated many of the real problems and concerns associated with cross-border business transactions.
We can provide you with both a USA street address and a P.O. Box. Your USA business address can be used for all business communications, such as advertising, receiving of mail, orders, inquiries, magazine subscriptions, catalogs, parcels and shipments.
For a more complete USA business identity package, a “remote call forwarding line” may be considered. This gives you a USA phone and/or fax number. Incoming calls are automatically forwarded to the designated number that you choose. It is a relatively inexpensive service that is useful when establishing your USA business presence. Long distance forwarding charges will apply, but we can offer you the services of a discounted long distance carrier.
In addition to establishing a “USA Business Identity”, we offer the below services allowing you to create a program that best benefits your business. Please inquire about any special services you may need. We are flexible and most likely will be able to accommodate your requests. Services are easily added or deleted so you only pay for what you actually need.
Value Added Services
UCT provides a full menu of value-added services available at each of our locations. Generally, if your product needs special handling or manipulation – we can help or point you in the appropriate direction to one of our trusted partners. These services include:
- Inspection and repair of products – damage inspection, functionality testing, general quality assurance.
- Kitting – We arrange items in a specific order (for example, placement of items within a box) – this can range from a single instruction all the way to a multi-part sequence.
- Assembly – Our team of professionals performs light manipulation or assembly for a variety of goods, to your specification.
- Bundling – We combine multiple items to ship together, as defined by you.
- Rework – In the event a shipment is put together or arrives in an unsatisfactory manner from origin or somewhere in the supply chain, we offer rework services to correct any defects and load to your specification – ensuring your shipments arrive to customer in a safe, compliance and efficient manner.
- “FC prep” services – We specialize in ensuring your shipments meet your customers’ requirements, whether this is for e-commerce, big box retailers, or businesses with unique requirements. Labeling, stickering, bagging, etc.